Prime

Sunday, December 1, 2013

DIY Lego MiniFigures Display

My boys love Legos.  I love Legos. I was lucky enough to have my parents save all my Legos for my boys. Our playroom is overflowing with these things. I am not sure how to keep them off the floor but I am learning to add character with them.
We decided today to make a lego mini figure or guy display.  First up we need a nice frame or old picture to start.  At goodwill we found this beauty:
Every other Saturday in my area everything is 50% off so we got this guy for a little over $12.  We took it home and the first thing I did was paint it: 

I painted two coats of the black. Next week counted out 20 2x4 bricks.  You could do the 2x2 bricks but my guys like to have a lot of accessories so it would be to crowded for us. 
I then took them to the garage to spray paint gold (or butter as my boys say is gold): 
Make sure you flip the Legos over after they dry and do the other side as well 
When all the pieces were done drying I arranged the gold bricks on the picture and started gluing! I used my glue gun but I'm sure any strong glue would work. 
Now I asked the boys for 20 lego MiniFigures :
Turned out great! It looks great in our work in progress playroom! 







No comments:

Post a Comment