Prime

Sunday, March 30, 2014

Gallery Wall

I have always envied those well put together gallery walls I see at people's houses.  I have wanted to do one of my own but I was nervous it would not turn out how I wanted.  I also need to find a space that I did not have to look at it constantly and feel overwhelmed by.  I mean I like stuff, I like pictures, but I also like simplicity.  Having to much decoration can make me feel cluttered.  I am weird, I know.  I redid the den in my house and made it a office/craft room for the boys and I.  I thought this place would be perfect for the gallery wall.  I looked for inspiration through Google and Pinterest and then I went for it.

 The first thing I did was choose what I wanted to include on the wall.  Then I laid everything out on the floor first.  I rearranged until I felt it looked the way I wanted.


Then I got out my electric drill and got to work! I started in the upper left hand corner.  I hung the J.T. and Sons first and went down wards and then over.  I took a picture of what it looked like on the floor as reference for placement.  As you can see the final result is slightly different than what I had originally laid out.  I wanted a little more diversity between the picture collages.  I am really happy with the final result. 


 A couple rules I learned along the way:

  • Incorpate what makes you, you into your wall
  • Add more than pictures
  • Everything should have a main color scheme but not match
  • Group like items together
  • Find the center of the wall and do not put anything there
  • Be flexible with the end result
  • Use Screws to hold your pictures
  • Take a picture of the before
  • Lay everything out on the ground first

No comments:

Post a Comment